A refinished or reglazed tub tends to be very slick and slippery. You need to be extra careful when taking a bath to prevent falls that can cause serious injuries. This can be achieved by using the best bath mat for refinished tub or reglazed.
However, finding a bath mat that will stay put and not scratch the newly refinished surface is quite a challenge. This is because most bath mats have suction cups so they do not grip firmly on the reglazed surface.
Luckily, we went ahead to research and find 5 bath mats that are designed for refinished tubs. These bath mats do not have suction cups so they cannot scratch the tub surface and do not slip.
- Comparison table of the best no suction cup bath mat for refinished tub
- Best bath mat for refinished tub and reglazed tub reviews
- How to choose the best bath mat for refinished tub
- FAQ about bath mat for refinished bathtub
Comparison table of the best no suction cup bath mat for refinished tub
Best bath mat for refinished tub and reglazed tub reviews
1. Original Refinished Bath solutions bathtub mat
It measures 30 inches by 16 inches so it is long enough for large bathtubs.
It has reversed suction cups so it holds gently onto the tub when a little pressure is applied to it. This ensures the mat grips firmly onto the tub surface preventing sliding or slipping.
Moreover, the upraised design tends to massage your fit as you enjoy your shower.
- No toxic PVC
- Soap scam resistant so it does not leave residue or scuff on reglazed/refinished tubs.
- It holds firmly on to the tub without floating or sliding
- Ideal for large-sized bathtubs
- Perfect for remodeled porcelain and fiberglass tubs
- Works great on textured tubs as well
- Safe for everyone including children and elderly
- The seams may start to come off after frequent use
2. No suction cup bath mat by Non-SlipBathMats
This bath mat was designed specifically for refinished and reglazed surfaces.
The fact that it does not have any suction cups guarantees non-slip protection to your newly refinished tub without damaging it.
Since it is made of vinyl, it does not fray or falls apart like the popular rubber mats.
Most importantly, it does not mold and it is dirt resistant; hence, very easy to clean.
- It is machine washable
- Does not discolor
- It is mold resistant
- It does not slip at all; hence, great for children and the elderly
- Sticks firmly to the bottom of the tub without lifting
- Works great on all types of tubs including Koehler tub
- It does not hold as strongly as suction mats do. But that is why it is recommended for refinished tubs.
3. Sultan’s Linens Foldable Non slip Rubber Bath Mat
This 100% rubber mat is designed for textured or refinished tub surfaces. It does not have any suction cups so it is safe to use in a reglazed tub since it will not damage it.
In order to ensure the mat sticks securely onto the tub surface even without suction cups, it is designed with an anti-slip honeycomb texture design.
Moreover, it has about 21 drainage holes, which not only ensure fast drying but also prevent build-up and the growth of mold and mildew.
The mat is foldable so that when it is not in use, you can fold it and put it away at the edge of the tub.
- It is quite heavy so it does not float when the tub is filled with water
- The mat feels firm and secure under the feet
- It does not slip or slide
- Works great even on smooth ceramic tubs
- You need to store it flat so that it does not tear along the seams
- It is not machine washable
4. European coatings Non Slip Bath Mat for Refinished Reglazed Tub
This bath is recommended for refinished and reglazed tubs since it does not have suction cups.
Despite not having suction cups, this mat provides maximum nonslip safety since it’s made from textured rubber. The rubber provides grip and prevents it from slipping in the tub.
This mat measures 41×15 inches so it is long enough to fit long tubs.
- Machine washable
- High premium rubber
- Long enough for long tubs
- Does not float
- Holds firmly on to the tub
- Works great on textured tubs too
- Size might be too long for your tub but you can get a smaller mat without suction cups
5. No suction cup shower stall mat made in Italy
This vinyl shower mat does not have any suction cups so it is ideal for a refinished or reglazed floor.
It measures 23.5 x 23.5 inches; hence, it perfectly fits a shower stall.
Given that it does not have suction cups, it is also ideal for textured shower stall surfaces.
It has two drainage holes; at the center and on the corner. This ensures that the mat does not float and also helps in fast-drying, which prevents the growth of mold.
Most importantly, this mat has a non-slip safety seal, which can be reduced if the surface of the shower is uneven or porous.
- Machine washable
- Works perfectly on different types of showers including fiberglass
- Perfect to textured shower floor as well
- Stays in place
- Has holes for water drainage
- Comfortable to step on
- It is not ideal for a bathtub since it might be too wide
See also: Best material for a bath mat
How to choose the best bath mat for refinished tub
It should be slip-resistant
If you are looking for a bath mat for a refinished tub, make sure that the mat is slip-resistant.
It’s better to be safe than sorry by making sure the mat won’t cause you to fall when exiting your bathtub.
Comfortable and soothing experience to the feet
A bath mat is an important part of your bathroom. So it is important that it provides the necessary cushion for your feet and makes you feel comfortable and secure when taking a bath or shower.
No suction cups
Avoid bath mats with suction cups if you have just refinished or reglazed your tub.
This is because suction cups may stick on the delicate surface and damage it.
FAQ about bath mat for refinished bathtub
1. Do bath mats damage tubs?
Well, it depends on the bath mat.
Most of them are made out of rubber and will not damage your tub because they’re not abrasive like a plunger or sponge.
However, there may be some that have rough textures which can potentially scratch the surface if you don’t clean them off afterward when exiting the shower.
The best way to protect your investment is to use an anti-slip bath mat that is designed for your tub. For instance, if you just refinished or reglazed your tub, avoid any bath mat with suction cups that can damage the surface.
2. What can I use instead of a bath mat? (Alternatives)
It’s a shame to have to give up the comfort and convenience of a bath mat, but there are some very good alternatives available.
Bathtub stickers for instance are a great alternative to traditional bath mats.
These stickers are designed to adhere and stay on the tub to provide better traction and prevent slipping.
They are available in all sorts of designs and patterns including some adorable animal shapes like frogs and ducks as well as more traditional patterns such as zigzag stripes.
See also: Best anti-slip shower stickers
Another alternative to a bathmat is to use an oversized towel as a non-slip surface for your feet to soak up the water. You can also buy an extra-large rug meant for living rooms and cut it to the size of a standard bath mat.
3. Which are the best-rated non-slip bath mats without suction cups?
From our review above, we have selected three of the best non-slip bath mats without suction cups. These are;
The Sultan’s Linens Foldable Non slip Rubber Bath Mat is made from high-density rubber and has a non-skid surface that can be easily wiped clean with soap or water, while also being easy to store in its folded design.
If you want your mat to stay put on slippery surfaces like showers or tubs, then you may prefer Original Refinished Bath solutions bathtub mat which features an anti-slip textured finish and doesn’t require any adhesive for installation.
Finally, European coatings Non-Slip Bath Mat for Refinished Reglazed Tub offers great grip thanks to its special acrylic coating that prevents slipping when wet.
4. What to do when bath mat won’t stick to tub
If your bath mat won’t stick to the tub, it could be due to several reasons.
The first thing you’ll want to check is whether or not the tub surface is textured. Bath mats with suction cups do not stick to textured tubs. The solution is to replace your mat with one that does not have suction cups such as the ones we have reviewed in this article.
If your tub is not textured, check whether the tub has soap scum and other cleaning agents like vinegar and bleach which can break down latex in mats over time and prevent adhesion.
Clean and rinse the tub thoroughly to remove soap scum, grime, and any traces of the cleaning solvents used.
The best bath mat for refinished tub is ideal for you if you are afraid of falling when having a shower or bath or you don’t want to damage your newly refinished tub. It is however important to note that refinished tub bath mats should not have suction cups since they may damage the new surface.
Choose any of the above bath mats for your tub or shower and you can have peace of mind and enjoy your bath. These mats can also be used on textured tubs as well since they hold quite firmly on textured surfaces without suction cups.